I LOVE living in this neighborhood. But there are some almost-daily occurances that get me. My top ten dislikes in no particular order are:
1. Mice that live in our stove (and an almost-constant sprinkling of mice poo on our counters, on our shelves, on our stove and behind the sink)
2. Car alarms that are sound-activated in a community that lives loudly on the streets – music blaring almost non-stop, sirens several times a day, kids out till 11pm and intermittent fights, parties and across-block conversations make this a BAD idea.
3. Cockroaches that live behind the LED time-display in our microwave.
4. M.F.er music
5. Dust that NEVER goes away
7. Long lines and one cashier at Walgreens
8. Hands-down-pants as a general cool-don’t-care-bout-nothin’-or-noone look. Pretty much like the crack-baggy-pants on steroids
9. Wolf-whistles and proposals almost every time I walk to or from work
10. Tiny square-inch packets that lie around – discarded remnants of a life-sucking high.
2 thoughts on “on dislikes.”
taking care of #6 would take care of #3 and #1 on your list. 7 more to go before you have nothing to dislike in your neighborhood !
You guys are doing such good work. I am sure that the rest of the list will shrink in God’s time.
Are you sure you don’t live next to me!? I hear you on at least half of these things. Some days it seems trivial in comparison to the big picture/grand scheme of life; on other days it’s all I can do to not focus on *those* details.