I LOVE living in this neighborhood. But there are some almost-daily occurances that get me. My top ten dislikes in no particular order are:
1. Mice that live in our stove (and an almost-constant sprinkling of mice poo on our counters, on our shelves, on our stove and behind the sink)
2. Car alarms that are sound-activated in a community that lives loudly on the streets – music blaring almost non-stop, sirens several times a day, kids out till 11pm and intermittent fights, parties and across-block conversations make this a BAD idea.
3. Cockroaches that live behind the LED time-display in our microwave.
4. M.F.er music
5. Dust that NEVER goes away
7. Long lines and one cashier at Walgreens
8. Hands-down-pants as a general cool-don’t-care-bout-nothin’-or-noone look. Pretty much like the crack-baggy-pants on steroids
9. Wolf-whistles and proposals almost every time I walk to or from work
10. Tiny square-inch packets that lie around – discarded remnants of a life-sucking high.